How to Make it as an Art Student
02 Nov 21
“At the University of Bolton, we take great pride in providing a quality, supportive learning environment for our students.”
Professor George E Holmes DL | President & Vice Chancellor
“...tutors are very supportive and you’re not just a student ID number, at this university you are an individual with a name.”
Ellisse Vernon | BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing
Back to menu
Back to menu
Categories: Art & Design and Fine Art, Undergradute
Do you believe in the ability of art and creative culture, to improve, empower communities and bring positive change? To deliver improved wellbeing in society? Then by studying this master’s degree, you will be perfectly equipped to make a difference.
Studying art and culture in the community
This community art course offers the chance for any passionate graduate or professional from the sector, to develop the skills and understanding needed to deliver projects alongside community organisations.
At the heart of this master’s degree, is a belief that by understanding the potential of community art and design, in a social and cultural context, as well as how it can be best applied, you will leave this course with the ability to make a truly amazing contribution.
It is the magic of art and design, that means it can be used in a vast number of settings, whether in youth projects, the probation service or health and wellbeing. You will have the opportunity to explore these areas, immerse yourself in them and empower positive change into the community.
- At the University of Bolton, we have designed this course so that it provides the foundations of your career, inspires you and helps you make a difference. Here are some of the highlights:
- Our staff are active within the industry, highly experienced and passionate about applied and community arts
- We have links with organisations across Greater Manchester and the North West, with opportunities to collaborate on live, real-world projects
- This course develops practical skills you will need, such as funding applications, project management and self-employment requirements
- You will reflect on your interaction with others, style of delivery and group engagement in order to enhance your abilities