Employers

Apprenticeships are becoming an increasingly popular route for employers.  For employers, it is a chance to play a part in their employee’s learning experience, filling skills gaps relevant to the needs of the business to support future growth.  Whether it is a new addition to your business or supporting your existing staff members.

We value the relationships that we have with employers and collaborate to ensure that you and your Apprentice gain the most from the experience.  We work very closely with local councils, NHS Trusts, other hospitals and practices throughout the country, dental practices, retailers, product and engineering companies.

employers main image v2

We offer a broad and growing course portfolio, and are proud to work with a wide range of national companies and global brands such as JD Sports, Erik’s, Salford City Council, Network Rail, NHS Foundation Trusts and Bupa, to name but a few.

You will study at Foundation Degree-level (level 5) as an integral part of a Higher Apprenticeship or at Bachelor’s (level 6) / Master’s (level 7) – level as part of a Degree Apprenticeship. Many of our graduates remain in permanent job roles with their employer on completion of their Apprenticeship, and gain lifelong skills and knowledge.

employers secondary image v2

We have already achieved a high success rate and were recently awarded Ofsted good.

If you have an annual pay bill of over £3 million per annum, you will be a levy payer, which is used to fund Apprentice training.  Smaller non-levy paying companies will pay 5% of costs, with the Government contributing the other 95%. 

The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) sets the guidance on Apprenticeship delivery and we can run thorough checks to ensure compliance with the necessary criteria.  Your Apprentice will need to hold a Maths and English GCSE Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent), be a full-time employee, be a UK national or hold a visa with the adequate working and learning permit for at least the length of their Apprenticeship. 

Getting in touch

For more information, please contact our Apprenticeship Team by emailing apprentices@bolton.ac.uk

myBolton

Download the app for your smartphone from:

Help Centre

We have the answers to your questions, find all the advice and support in one place.

Part of the University of Bolton Group

Bolton college
Alliance learning
Anderton centre2
RiSE pos rgb logo
TEF Silver QQA Scheme Participant

Help Centre

We have the answers to your questions, find all the advice and support in one place.

Part of the University of Bolton Group

Bolton college
Alliance learning
Anderton centre2
RiSE pos rgb logo
TEF Silver QQA Scheme Participant